Tuesday, 07 July 2009

Michael Jackson's Memorial + His $25, 000 casket








So here I was switching between Channel O and CNN watching the King of Pop's memorial service at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The fans came out in their numbers to pay their last respect to the deseased musician.

The memorial had performances by artists such as the preggers Jennifer Hudson(is it me or did her baby bump grow over night), Steve Wonder, Mariah Carey, Usher and Lionel Richie.

Magic Johnson snub Joe Jackson in his speech. Maybe it's coz I was reading to much in his speech but when you say MJ's children will have an incredible grandma, uncles, aunts and cousin but fail to say they will have an incredible grandfather. That putting it boldly that Joe is bad father and grandfather. I don't blame Magic, Joe was instrumental in making MJ look like a white woman.





Well I think it's about time MJ is laid to rest. It's been almost two weeks already since his death, it's not like the Jackson family was raising funds for his funeral. The man was not that broke.
Oh and as much as I respect the King of Pop and sad about his death, slow down on MJ videos already (although I would watch Thriller anytime of the day, love that song). A day hasn't gone by since his death I haven't seen any of his music videos.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing but love for the man. He broke the Guinness World Record for most charities supported by a pop star.

MJ’s solid bronze, 14 karat gold plated, custom made casket costs a hefty $25, 000, which is approximately R200 000.


I could buy a nice posh house in the township with that money, and a Chevrolet Spark. Hell I would be the envy of the whole damn township.


I guess the King of Pop deserves a luxurious journey home. No masonite wood that will be termite food within days being six feet under for the king.


I wonder if Michael’s body was even in that casket during the memorial service. If you ask me I would say it wasn’t.


Nonetheless RIP MJ. Say hi to Tupac and Mama Africa for me.

Yep, Mpume said so








2 comments:

  1. well im impressed by your art of writing. good job. and as for Michael, althou he have archieved a lot in life in the end his fame distroyed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Rofhiwa. You my number 1 fan. LOL. I agree with you though about MJ but may his soul rest in peace. He deserves it

    ReplyDelete